December 18, 2008

Carving: My Fave Step in Making Wooden Keychains

I was carving wooden keychain of name "Dayah" on this picture beside. I used 'pinus' wood as material, while always choose 'ramin' wood for pin brooch. Pinus wood were more easier to be carved and shaped as keychains. It is not too hard to be cut and carved too. Using pinus wood is the best alternative for the best activities.

Yup, that's right! Carving is my best and favourite step in making my wooden pin. I can waste hours just to sit down and make some pins to be carved. I use sharp knives to help me work on it easier.
We must make sure sharpness of our knives, parts of wood that we must carve, and quality of wood to get the best result of carving. I don't know much about it, because I learn to carve the wood just by myself. I saw another one doing it, then I started to practice on it. It's fun and made me addicted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment